We Believe in Solid Performance
Our factories have been manufacturing industrial flooring products for over 100 years and our team has been involved in about every application possible.
THE RIGHT FLOOR FOR EVERY PROJECT
- The ability of a coating to resist wearing due to contact with another surface. Wearing occurs when a hard, rough surface slides across a softer surface.
- Urethanes are usually 4 times more abrasive resistant than typical epoxy.
- Aluminum oxide added to a urethane makes for an extremely abrasion resistant flooring.
- Can be defined as the ability of a coating to withstand an impact without cracking or breaking.
- Impact resistance of a coating is most commonly associated with an object falling or hitting the coating.
- Examples of impact include: tool falling in an auto shop, heavy materials being placed or dropped repeatedly on coating surface during manufacturing processes.
- Is in reference to impact resistance of the coating. Epoxy mortars, cementitious urethanes, and cementitious underlayment’s are typical applications.
- Is in reference to the amount or type of use a floor receives.
- Typical high traffic areas include: loading dock, manufacturing plant isle ways, areas that receive regular fork lift traffic, auto shops, machine shops.
- Recommended Product for High Traffic Areas: RIOCOAT UHW SATIN
- Testing is the science of measuring the coefficient of friction (or resistance to slip accidents) of flooring surfaces, either in a laboratory (before or after installation) or on floors in situ.
- Additives can be added to any RIOCOAT product to add to the COF.
- The strength of a material to protect against chemical attack or solvent reaction. It is the opposite of chemical reactivity. It determines a material’s resistivity to corrosive environments.
- Chemical resistance normally describes to what extent a material can maintain its resistance to chemicals. A chemical resistance chart may be used to see the relative resistance of materials. Thermoplastics are suitable to use in many industrial process applications due to their high resistance to many chemicals.
- A urethane will hold up to chemicals far superior than traditional epoxies.
- Recommended Product as a Topcoat: RIOCOAT UHW